There is a lot of talk about employee rights, but you almost never hear about employer rights. I made a list and I want to share it with you.
1. The right to have a full day’s work, for a full day’s pay.
2. The rights to have workers, who arrive on time, keep track of their breaks and work right up until quitting time.
3. The expectation to have employees who are self-motivated.
4. The expectation to have employees who are cooperative, loyal and polite.
5. The right to have employees who are honest and dependable.
6. The right to hire fully qualified employees.
7. The right to discipline and/or fire employees who do not do their job.
8. The right to make company rules (within reason).
9. The right to give or not give benefits to employees.
10. The right to have employees dress appropriately.
11. The right to have employees perform work in a safe manner.
12. The right to check background and do drug tests on new employees.
13. The right to control the operation of the business.
14. The right to know when there is a problem.
15. The right to have a say in forming a union.
16. The right to receive reasonable notice for special requests.
17. The right to exercise confidentiality.
18. The right to not allow overtime.
If you have questions about these rights or how to institute them, contact me for in-depth answers.